Your Privacy is Important to Us
David Cummings Insurance Services Ltd. (DCIS) recognizes and respects every individual's right to privacy. When you inquire about insurance solutions, and/or apply for coverage we establish a confidential file of personal information. We collect personal information for the purpose of providing you with personalized insurance advice, and products and services that serve your best interests. We assume your consent for our firm to use the collected information in an appropriate manner, for the purpose for it was collected, and in compliance with applicable privacy legislation. As a licensed insurance brokerage, in conjunction with our insurance suppliers, our use of the information includes, but is not limited to the following tasks and duties:
- Obtaining quotations, underwriting assessments, and advice from insurance suppliers for the insurance advice and solutions you seek from our firm
- Determining your eligibility for coverage
- Enrolling you for coverage
- Supplying you with your insurance policy documentation and policyholder notices
- Supporting you for the claims process
- Verifying your coverage as required for the insurer to process a claim under your policy, and/or for an authorized third party (such as a medical care provider) that you have authorized to submit a claim on your behalf under your insurance policy
- When insurance is arranged and/or sponsored by a third party, such as an employer, educational institution, or association, we communicate with that third party when required to confirm your eligibility for coverage, to confirm successful enrolment for coverage, and as required in support of a claim.
We limit access to information in your file to David Cummings Insurance Services staff or persons authorized by David Cummings Insurance Services who require it to perform their duties, to persons to whom you have granted access, and to persons authorized by law. Unless requested to do so by you, we do not share information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services. We do not sell client information to anyone.
This brief privacy statement is a complement to our Personal Information Protection Policy, and to the privacy policies and obligations of the insurance companies we work with. If you have any questions or concerns about the protection of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
David Cummings Insurance Services Ltd.
Suite 350 – 2083 Alma Street
Vancouver BC, V6R 4N6 CANADA