International Student Plans
For over 20 years, DCIS has been a pioneer and leader in the field of international student insurance, providing coverage for tens of thousands of students from over 40 schools and student placement agencies. Our clients include public and private institutions, including universities, colleges, public school districts, ESL schools, international student service agencies. We would be happy to provide references.
We excel in providing group health insurance programs for schools, and we also offer coverage directly to individual international students who are attending an accredited school outside their home country.
As brokers we work with multiple insurance companies in the marketplace. For international student health insurance we offer a range of plans which are exclusive to DCIS. We listen to the priorities and needs of our clients, offer our professional recommendations, and together we determine the program that is the best fit. We can tailor the administrative process as needed, and on certain group contracts we are even able to customize the benefits.
Global Campus Health Plan
Under the Global Campus Health Plan brand are a range of health plan options, all of which offer high quality medical benefits at a student price. Across the range of plans there is differentiation according to a number of factors, including:
- Geographic Zone of Coverage: Study locations worldwide (excluding USA) or Study locations in Canada only.
- Who is eligible for the ‘student plan and price: Students Only or Students plus ‘Non-student Affiliates’ such as international instructors, visiting scholars, interns, etc.
- Extent of coverage for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Extent of coverage for follow-up / continuing medical care beyond emergency medical care
- Extent of maternity coverage
- With or without coverage of Acts of Terrorism
- With or without coverage of AIDS/ARCS diagnosis
- Other differing benefits and features
An example of a DCIS customized program is the iMED Health Insurance Plan for New International Students at University of British Columbia (UBC). After having served UBC’s international students on an informal basis since the 1990’s, in 2005 DCIS acted as consultant and broker to UBC for the implementation of compulsory medical insurance for all new international students. After servicing the initial one year pilot of ‘iMED’, through a rigorous public bid process DCIS has earned a continuing mandate as UBC’s iMED provider. Visit www.david-cummings.com/imed.
DCIS operates with the purpose of partnering with schools and other organizations to provide international students with:
- Reliable insurance protection – comprehensive benefits from a reliable insurance company
- Proactive, competent, friendly, and extensive support services
- Competitive pricing to fit a student budget