Travel Insurance for people (Canadians, Permanent Residents, and internationals with temporary resident status) with coverage under a Provincial / Territorial health plan
Unexpected sickness or accidental injury can happen at any time. Charges for hospital stays can be thousands of dollars per day, not including doctors' fees and diagnostic services.
Given the very limited coverage offered by provincial / territorial plans for out of country claims, an unexpected emergency can amount to a devastating financial loss. Other mishaps like replacing lost or stolen baggage, or buying a one-way ticket because of a missed return date, can ruin your holiday.
There are a number of variables to consider when selecting a travel insurance product which include:
- your age
- your medical history
- the length of your trip
- your destination(s) and itinerary
- whether you have left Canada already or not
- the purpose for your travel
- how many are travelling together
and last but not least,
- the price
Not all destinations are alike in terms of ‘insurable risks.’ Most Canadian travel policies have exclusions relating to the travel report warnings published at the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website. Look up your destination at http://travel.gc.ca/.
If there is a travel warning advising Canadians to avoid travel to the country, region, or city that you plan to travel to, we strongly recommended that you inquire with us about a ‘special risk’ coverage solution.
We encourage you to contact our office to ensure you are applying for the most appropriate plan. Also, please contact us for information about Trip Cancellation Insurance and All-Inclusive Travel Plans.
The coverage options found below are Excess Hospital & Medical plans designed to supplement a Canadian Provincial / Territorial Health Insurance Plan. If you contact us to request a quotation, and provide details of your scenario we will provide you a comparative quotation and guidance in your selection of plan.
Travel Plans from Allianz Global Assistance (formerly TIC Travel Insurance)
- Summary Brochure of Plans (PDF)
- Policy Wording for all plans (PDF)
- Application Form (PDF)
- Medical Questionnaire for ages 60+(PDF)
- EHM Claim Form (PDF)
Updated: Feb 2020
™ “RSA” and the RSA logo are trademarks owned by RSA Insurance Group plc, licensed for use by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
- Application Form for ages 59 & under (PDF)
- Application Form for ages 60+ (PDF)
- MSA_Medical Guidelines (PDF)
- Rate Sheet (PDF )
- Policy Wording (Emergency Hospital & Medical coverage) (PDF)
- Policy Wording (Non-Medical coverage) (PDF) Updated: May 2019
- Policy Wording Emergency Medical
- Policy Wording All-Inclusive
- Policy Wording Trip Cancellation
- Rate Sheet
- Medical Questionnaire Updated: Jan 2019
Pacific Blue Cross - Travel Plan (for BC Residents Only)
How to Apply for Coverage
- If paying by Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX credit card, email your application to email@example.com or fax to 604.228.9807
- If paying by cheque or money order, make payment payable to David Cummings Insurance Services Ltd, and mail to DCIS at 350 – 2083 Alma Street, Vancouver BC, V6R4N6 CANADA